Sunday, September 21, 2008

10+5/40

Now nine days to the all-important 12 week NTScan. I'm counting them down because I can't wait for this pregnancy to be officially ON. I'm still feeling ambivalent about what a poor result will mean. Count that chicken when it hatches, eh. I'm also going to find out my baby's gender this time- I think it will help with the preparation for their arrival into the world, unlike last time when I was in denial about the pregnancy up until about 37 weeks. The transition from multiple miscarriages to getting pregnant- and staying pregnant, moreover- pretty much on the fourth month is taking a while to get my head around. To be honest, I had expected it to take much longer- from 'drawing board' stage to Patrick took us about 2 years, and doing it all in about one year seems precipitous. It will also be nice to be able to tell people I'm not just fat, I am, actually, with child. There's been lots of belly-checking-out going on that I am all too aware of at work, and I will be tempted to draw on my scrubs "up the duff" so people will be able to stop not asking because they are too polite.

We spent the weekend in Canberra for a symposium on Obstetric and neonatal anaesthesia which was excellent, and worth the total of ten hours of driving on the godforsakenly dull Hume Highway. Patrick spent the weekend with his grandparents (MrT's parents) and had an absolute ball, which was great for all involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home