Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm shocked

I'm shocked at how grouse my photos have turned out!

A few years ago we went to Cairns to see the Great Barrier Reef (I'd been around the world but never to Cairns) and we went snorkelling, like you do... They had two types of cheap underwater cameras for sale on the boat- the disposable kind and one that was re-ueseable but just as basic. We got the re-useable one and it normally travels strapped to my kayak (ie rarely anymore).

I took it out snorkelling with us and was snapping away merrily and it wasn't until we got back onto the beach I realised the lens was all fogged. The next day I took it out with me again and stopped once it fogged up.

When I came to pack my bag, I then found the camera casing had about a centimetre of water inside it. I thought there was no way the film would have survived, but when I got home and took it out I was suprised to see that there were no drips inside the canister, so I took it in to get processed.

To say I'm happy with the way the photos turned out is a bit of an understatement. I'm thrilled! Even the foggy ones look great!!


Lake Macquarie from my kayak. I was about 9 weeks pregnant at that time.

A school of
Blue starfish, orange coral. Nice contrast.

I think I was actually trying to wind the film on and pressed the shutter by mistake, but I love this photo. Mr T.

Believe it or not, this is where I took the fish and coral photos from: just 20 metres or so from the shore, just in front of our room. If this is what the snorkelling was like just at some random bits of coral near the resort I'd love to see it at one of the 'good' places.
It's my toes, btw. In the beautiful Pacific.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are great. the last two are especially fun.

3/8/07 13:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home