Monday, July 30, 2007

Now I've seen everything

Check this out

This reminds me of when I was doing my 'elective' term in plastic surgery in the UK. I had been accepted into a fairly prestigious hospital and attended a conference in plastics and reconstructive surgery. One of the presentations was of a device used to test "patient support systems" (aka mattresses. I kid you not) for pressure areas. Basically it was a bum. A standardised bum. They even flashed up a slide of one of the volunteer subjects having a plaster cast of their bum made. This fancy electronic bum was used to test for areas of unequal pressure on various mattress types. I was in fits. No-one else seemed to find it the remotest bit risible except for that quite odd Australian ("Orr-straelien") medical student there (me).

On a different note, it was at this conference that the first experimental group into laser hair removal was presenting. It seemed very radical at the time. Now you can get it done on pretty much any street corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home